Yag Laser heats the deep dermis of the skin, which heat shrinks collagen causing skin to tighten up and gives you younger looking skin. It is suitable for full face or partial face or neck areas.
Collagen production takes 6-8 weeks to be produced, so results are gradual. Results should not usually be expected sooner than this.
3 treatments are normally recommended. Some clients may require 6 sessions for extra tightening. Intervals between treatments are 4 weeks
Using Vitamin C serum daily at home (L Ascorbic Acid) helps to build collagen for optimum results.
- Avoid the sun 4-6 weeks before and after treatment, to reduce the chance of hyperpigmentation or darker pigmentation.
- Use sunscreen SPF 30 or greater at all times throughout the course of treatment.
- Tanned Skin cannot be treated! If treated, you may get hypopigmentation (white spots) and this may not clear for 2-3 months or more. Also, the use of fake tanning cream must be discontinued two weeks before treatment.
- Immediately after treatment, there may be redness and swelling at the treatment area, this may feel like mild sunburn
- Avoid hot baths and heat treatments and treat the skin gently, as if you had sunburn, for the first 24 hours.
- It is advised to use daily pure Vitamin C, to promote good collagen growth, after the laser.
Products containing pharmaceutical grade ingredients , i.e. Phytoceuticals skincare will help deliver best results for you. They are more concentrated & penetrate deeper than regular cosmetic products, so can deliver better results.