The treated area will be red for some time post treatment.
Swelling is always present after laser vein treatment, and usually looks like hives, this is normal afterwards, and is a form of swelling due to the heat generated from the laser. How quickly the swelling dissipates is individual, but often is no more than a few days.
- No Heat treatments are permitted for 48 hrs afterwards (Sauna, steam room, hot showers & bathes, swimming)
- No make-up application for 24hrs, with the exception of mineral make up, which is chemical free, fragrance free and can be applied immediately afterwards.
- No application of perfumed products or aftershave for 48 hrs after.
- SPF 20 recommended daily for 4 weeks after on areas exposed to sunlight.
- Tanning the skin is not permitted between treatments. The skin needs to be as pale as possible for optimum results. (Tanned skin & darker skin types cannot be treated , as there is a high risk of pigmentation)
- Aloe Vera gel may be applied to sooth skin if necessary afterwards.
- You may apply a cold pack or a cold face cloth to the treated area when you go home to reduce the nettle rash appearance (slight swelling)
- Do not wear fake tan for your next laser vein treatment, as you can’t be treated.
For leg veins you must arrive to the salon with legs shaved/waxed (legs must be hair free) prior to the treatment.
Intervals between treatments are monthly for facial areas & up to 6 weeks for legs.
Apply Vitamin C serum daily, to strengthen the walls of the veins, as this helps prevent new veins from becoming damaged.
Call the clinic if you have any concerns post treatment.
Individuals, whom flush easily, are more likely to develop new broken veins in the future, so maintenance treatments will be required when this occurs.
General After Care Advice For High Colouring
To reduce new broken veins developing, avoid the triggers.
- Extreme temperatures (i.e. saunas, steam rooms, sun bathing, hot & cold weather),
- Hot spicy foods,
- Vigorous exercise (Do gentle exercise instead of vigorous exercise).
Skin Care Advice:
- Protect skin with sunscreen daily to prevent new broken veins.
- Apply pure Vitamin C serum daily, to strengthen the walls of the veins, reducing risk of new damage.
- Use good quality cleanser & moisturiser to promote healthy skin, which is less prone to damage